There are a few things that you will need to do before you start camp on June 22nd. 1) Make sure you have your supplies. Contact the camp director if you still need your kit. Click this Contact Us page of the website or reply to my emails:
If you did not get your kit from RCC, your family can buy supplies themselves if they want (cost ~$85). Amazon Prime offers free 2 day shipping. Click here to see the supplies list.
2) Make sure you have access to a Mac or Windows computer to use for the camp. You will also need access to the internet during the camp week June 22-26, 2020. *Chromebooks do not work for this class.
Below is a video on how to install Zoom if you need help.
4) Download and install Arduino IDE
1) Use the following link to download the Arduino software. https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/software 2) You should see the following picture. -Select the Windows link (top right) if you have a Microsoft PC or - Select the Mac OS X link if you have a Mac computer. *There is no Chromebook option, those will not work.
3) Then, you will be asked to donate. You do not have to, select "Just Download" in the bottom middle of the picture.
4) After the program downloads, just select to start instillation. Follow the prompts in the grey boxes that come up on your screen. Example: Select Yes when it asks you if you want to make changes to your computer Continue until instillation says it is completed
If you need help, the video below shows steps for a PC running Windows. The 2nd video are steps for a Mac computer.
Try opening Arduino IDE to make sure it works! The following icon should now be on your computer. Selecting it will open up Arduino IDE
Optional: Summary video and writing your first code.
Here is a summary of how to download and the basics of using the Arduino.
Feel free to skip around the video based on what you want to learn. Downloading the software and opening it is at the start of the video The introduction to using the Arduino IDE software starts at 8:30 Writing your first basic code starts at 11:30